myIR, payments and more
Help: How to use this site
Find out what to do if you can't use an online service on this website, eg, a calculator or an online return or you're having trouble logging into myIR.
Login warning issues
Having trouble logging in to your myIR account? Try clearing your browser history and cookies by following the relevant instructions below for your computer.
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, select More (shows as 3 horizontal lines in the top right)
- Select History and then select Clear browsing data
- In Clear browsing data select the boxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files
- From the menu at the top, choose the amount of data that you want to delete. If you want to delete everything choose beginning of time
- Select Clear browsing data.
Internet Explorer 11
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools, then Safety, then Delete browsing history
- In the menu, deselect Preserve favourites website data
- Select Temporary internet files and Cookies
- At the bottom of the menu, select Delete.
- Open Firefox
- Select Menu (shows as 3 horizontal lines in the top right)
- Select History and then Clear recent history
- Set time range to clear Everything
- In the checklist, select Browsing & download history, Cookies and Cache
- At the bottom of the menu select Clear now
- Open Safari
- In the top left of the window, select Safari
- Select Preferences in the drop-down menu
- Select the Privacy tab in the new window
- Select Remove all website data
- Select Remove now in the new pop-up window that appears.
Logging in with RealMe
Inland Revenue allows RealMe as a login option for myIR Secure Online Services. This is optional, you don't have to register for RealMe to use our services. If you already have a myIR userID and password you may continue to use these as normal or switch to RealMe if you prefer.
Having a RealMe login gives you a single username and password that you can use for a variety of government and commercial online services. For more information, go to RealMe
You can reuse a RealMe login that you’ve already created to use another service, there’s no need to create another one. If you don’t already have a RealMe login you can create one by clicking Login with RealMe and then Create Your RealMe Login.
We do not use RealMe’s Verified Identity or Second Factor Login service so you will not need to have your RealMe ID verified at NZ Post or enter your six digit login code; you only need your RealMe username and password.